The state of the art Rtec Multi Function tribometer Mft-5000 is globally regarded as the most versatile and technologically advanced tribometer. Manufactured at silicon valley, California it is used by several top labs, universities and industries. The tribometer offers next generation patented force sensors with ultra low resolution, highest speeds and wide environmental control range than any other commercially existing tribometer. The patented integrated 3D profilometer allows to analyse surface change vs time. The universal tribometer MFT-5000 allows to create a comprehensive report on friction, wear, tribology and surface analysis.
● Integrated 3D Profilometer
● Load Range Nano, Micro, Macro
● -120C to 1200C
● Modular with Interchangeable Modules
● Used by top companies, labs globally
● Coatings, Lubricants, Materials Mechanical and Tribology Studies
The tribometer has a modular architecture. Easy to change modules allows it to run practically any friction test, wear test. The platform comes with lower X,Y and and upper Multiple Z stages. On top of XY stage various modules mount. Flow chart about configuring
● Rotary - Pin on disk tribometer, ball on disk tribometer etc. 0.001-10,000 RPM
● Reciprocating - Linear reciprocating tribometer wear, pin on plate etc. up to 80Hz
● Block on Ring - Test bearings, shafts, lubricant, grease, etc. high torque, high speed
● Upper Rotation - 4 Ball tester, tapping torque tester, seals etc. upto 5000RPM
● Long Stroke High Speed- 40mm at 40Hz. test piston ring cylinder liner, engines, compressors etc.
● Fretting Voice Coil - 5um to 4mm stroke, upto 500Hz. Fretting wear, fretting loop creation
Rtec friction tester comes with inline integrated 3d profilometer to create surface imaging. This allows to study surface change vs time with nm resolution. Why friction force changes can be easily quantified. Various techniques such as interferometer, confocal , raman are available for the measurements. The tester allows for automatic stitching across a large surface area for volume wear, roughness calculations.
Rigid tribometer design allows for a very low floor noise, that enables to perform 3D images automatically. The optical profilometery was specifically optimized to work on tribology wear marks as they typically have steep slopes, dark texture, liquid layers on top. There are two optical heads available for integration.
● Sigma head - White light interferometery
● Lambda Head - White light interferometery + Confocal microscopy + Dark Field + Bright Field Imaging
The data shows 3D wear mark progression during linear reciprocating test. The data is then used to calculate and study
● Volume wear progression
● Roughness change
● Crack initiation and propagation
● Debris creation
● Topography change
● Effect of textures on tribology
● Effect of surface roughness
The profilometer images can be taken vs time, cycles or on a trigger, for eg. image the wear track when acoustic emission channel shows crack initiation point or when there is sudden change in friction etc.
The universal mechanical tester has a wide range of patented load cell technology. The offered sensor resolution, negligible drift is unparalleled today. The wide load range extends from nN to 12,000N using fast exchange The sensors comes with various forms 1D, 2D, 6D,
● Capacitive Load Cells - Highest resolution load cells with neglibile thermal drifts.
● Piezo Load Cells - Sensors to measure data at highest frequencies.
● Strain Gauge Load Cells - Sensor with widest load range.
● Dynamic torque Sensors - Sensors to measure inline torque during rotating motions.
Environmental Chambers- Results from friction and wear testers depends a lot on environment it was tested on. The high temperature tribometer module has a wide operating range -120C to 1200C, inert gas, humidity, vacuum , pressure, tribocorrosion etc Video Link
Custom Motion -Standard configuration has X,Y,Z plus an add on interchangeable motion axis drive. This unique multi axis drive combination allows to create any custom motion to simulate testing conditions close to real life scenario. Video Link
Precision and repeatability - The tester comes floor standing or in bench top models. The rigid frame construction, low floor noise, advanced electronics allows the tester to deliver high precision and repeatability across wide range of applications.